Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mom

Sometimes I think of all the people who have helped Greg and I out with all the details of this wedding - from the apartment to the bridal shower to the wedding itself. I can't believe how many great people we have in our lives.

I know one person that I don't thank enough.

My mom has worked so hard all night painting centerpieces that I had in a box ready to throw away a month ago. (I had them outside on a nice sunny day. Just as I finished painting them, the rain came pouring down. The paint ran and they were soaked in seconds.) I was so tired of working hard at all of this so I threw them in a pile to burn - but she stepped in and fixed them. I'm crafty and she's not - so I have no idea how we ended up in this situation. But she managed to fix the horrible mess I made of those centerpieces. (Nobody will notice that she has paint every where and she's missing a few dots!) Hey, she says herself that she's the least crafty person in the world!

Second of all, my mom opened all of our response cards every single day. (I wanted to open them first, so she occasionally taped them back shut to make me feel better.) She'd say "That's just ridiculous that these were ripped open in the mail. Look at that, they had to tape them shut at the post office."

Finally, my mom always pitches in and shops for things that I just don't have the time or money to do myself. She bought me a table the same day that I told her I needed one. She bought hundreds of cans of pop for our reception. She (along with my grandma's) are making all of the soups and breads for the bridal shower. She tagged along to go wedding dress shopping, she's going with me to get my hair done, and she cleaned my apartment for hours before we moved things in. (Along with Dad, Kas, Julie, and Bob!) She's just been great.

If you moved in with my mom and I, you probably wouldn't know we liked each other. I think we can fight longer and harder than anyone else I know. (Just ask my dad, my brother, Greg, Ally, my grandmas, my grandpas, my aunts, my uncles...) Still, I love my mom more than any other woman in this world! She texts me 200 times a day, we still have girls nights, shopping sprees, and long walks to talk about how out of shape we are - followed by a bag of peanut butter m&m's that we finish in minutes.

Anyways, I'm just thankful that my mom is going to be such an important part of my wedding.

(Don't be alarmed if we argue that day, it's just us.)

1 comment: