Monday, October 12, 2009

A work in progress!

We are so thankful that Greg's aunt and uncle offered their spare apartment to us while we save for a down payment on a house. Most people don't really get opportunities to start out like that, and I can't imagine how we'd do this without their help!

It doesn't quite feel like home yet, and we've got a little bit of work ahead of us, but take a peak! More pictures will be posted once I get a chance to decorate and CLEAN!

That's my guy. I sent him to the store for a basic CD Player so that we could listen to some music while we were working on the apartment. He came back with this beast, and worked hard playing with it for a couple of hours. Guess ya gotta have some fun in life, right?
Lots of work to do in the bathroom. The floor was just nasty before. (Just being honest.) Greg's pretty much taken on this project himself.... He ripped up the floor, did some other manly things, and now he's replacing it.

Part of our bed! haha (Courtesy of Ash - who has helped us with so many things - from engagement pictures to furniture!)

Our engagment picture (taken by Ash) looks perfect above our dining room table. (Thank you, Gillis Family! Perfect table that I'm sure we'll have for a very long time.) We've done some redecorating since this picture was taken, so it looks much different. We actually have a second table my mom bought for us. It's in my scrapbook room because it's a little smaller and works perfectly there. We figured it was really nice to have two tables in case we ever have company for dinner or something. And no - we aren't hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year even if we do have two tables. ;)

Our kitchen area - filled with pieces from the bathroom. Greg's wonderful mom and grandma are planning on wallpapering the wall above the sink. I'll get pictures of that up eventually!

THE CD Player. Greg thinks it belongs above this lovely portable fireplace. (He has a lot to learn.) I'm tempted to paint this fireplace... We'll see.

My favorite chair in the world. I can just picture this in my library someday. Surrounded by colorful walls and fun paintings and lots of good books. (Thank you, Dan and Lori! I love this chair!)
Long set of stairs to get to our aparment. Can you imagine how hard it's going to be for GREG to carry groceries up these stairs? Just kidding. We do need to do something about the floor at the bottom of the steps. Just a "little" leak problem.
Family picture. :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved seeing the pics of your apartment. I was just asking Ash about this at breakfast this morning. It's always exciting when you're starting out!

    ReplyDelete